Monday, July 8, 2013

Tracy Anderson is a sadist, but life must go on.

I tried doing Tracy Anderson's "Metamorphosis" workout this morning.  I made it through 15 minutes of the cardio section and about five minutes of the muscle toning.  Holy hell, that woman is a sadist.

I've made myself a new schedule to follow, intended to up my productivity in the realms of personal health, art, and general quality of living.  I came up with this new schedule because my summer break is halfway over and all I've done is work too much, injure my back, gain weight, and INDULGE.  This needs to change, because I don't feel proud of myself.  You can't be proud of yourself if you're not accomplishing anything (well, you can, but you shouldn't).

Here's the plan:
  • 9:00 a.m.: Wake up, have my morning coffee, ease into the day
  • 10:00 a.m.: Work out
  • 11:30 a.m.: Prepare for the move I have coming up at the end of this month, by sorting and packing my piles upon piles of accumulated crap
  • 2:00 p.m.: Accomplish one big task per day off my "Stop Procrastinating" to-do list, grocery shop, run errands, eat lunch, do what needs to get done
  • 4:00 p.m.: Go into my studio and work on my art, whether I'm feeling inspired or not.  SOMETIMES ACTION MUST PRECEDE MOTIVATION.  That's my forever mantra that I've been neglecting to say it to myself lately.
  • 7:00 p.m.: I'm free until sleep comes!
Sounds solid, right?  I'll only be working Sundays at the cafe from now on, so if I can stick to this schedule Monday through Friday, I should have a very productive and pride-inducing six weeks before school starts again.  Then, before I know it, it'll be December and I'll be graduating and I get to go back to being a regular old adult again, which I'm pretty stoked about.  After five years in DeKalb, I'm ready to move on.  Perhaps to Austin, Texas...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...