Thursday, February 4, 2010

Recommended Viewing


"I didn't bring your breakfast, because you didn't eat your din-din!"

This movie has been on my "To Watch" list for a long time, and I finally saw it a couple weeks ago. It's a MUST SEE! If you're anything like me, you'll be rooting for crazy Baby Jane for the duration of this deliciously demented film.


"Being an adult means to have a speedometer that marks 210 and not driving over 60." 

This one is about a boy, a girl, and an absurd game... oh, yeah, and a most fucked-up kind of love. Love Me If You Dare was personally recommended to me by a close friend, based upon a specific experience I had with a former love. If you've ever trusted someone who you knew you couldn't trust in the least, then I think you'll enjoy this one. Also, it's shot beautifully, reminding me of the same dreamy, fairytale feeling that's conveyed in two of my other favorite films, Amélie and Big Fish.


'If I wanted to have sex I'd go out and find someone who was actually sexy." 

Just a few things that made me love this movie: an amazing female director/writer/lead (see: Marianna Palka), unabashed stalking, and Jason Ritter. I suggest going in without any expectations, and just enjoying the characters for who they are. Also, order a pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...