Thursday, February 4, 2010

Skip Day

I should be at school right now, in sculpture class, but instead I'm at home, finally catching up on my blogging. The following string of events lead me to this spot:

1. Overslept this morning, waking up too late to catch the bus.
2. Borrowed my roommate's Jeep to drive to school, because I've had a flat tire on my car for over a week now.
3. Stopped at a gas station to take out money from an ATM, then bought a coffee to get some quarters back to use at the parking meters at school.
4. Arrived at school, already 10 minutes late to class, only to find that all of the meters were in use.
5. Thought about circling back around, or parking in the $5 pay lot, but decided just to head home instead.

Rather than get worked up about the fact that I'm missing my favorite class, I'm taking it easy. It turns out that the older I get, the less I worry about the consequences of my actions. Each time I find myself getting anxiety ridden about a crappy date, or a missed homework assignment, or a ridiculously intimate secret shared with a casual acquaintance during a drunken tell-all, I just remind myself that it's not the end of the world - I've undoubtedly dealt with worse. It's a liberating thought process, and I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...