Monday, July 19, 2010

Greece 2010 Travel Journal: May 28, 2010

I am sitting on the balcony and just finished doing my make-up. Spero, Chryssa, and I are going out to coffee at a cafe called Exis before Spero has to go to work

Kalamata is gorgeous, and full of tiny privately owned shops. It is laid out very differently than any American city I've seen; you walk through small alleys to find the entrances of buildings, and all the streets are paved with different types of stone. You can easily walk everywhere, and many people have scooters or motorcycles.

Yesterday, the three of us went to a cafe called Bar Fly and had frappe, then beer. Spero went to work, then Chryssa and I went to meet her friend, Danny Kargas, at his graphic design office. After we met Danny, who is very outgoing and friendly, we went to visit Spero at the bar where he works, called Vino Banco. It is a cozy place, very classy, with warm lighting. We drank and laughed until early in the morning. I met many people, and drunkenly practiced the few Greek phrases I have learned so far: "thank you," "fuck you," and "I'm hungry." Haha! Starting with the basics...

It was wonderful to spend time with Spero. I knew I had missed him, but didn't realize just how much until we had the chance to hang out yesterday. I am glad to be able to see an old friend, and to meet new ones. I hope to spend some time with Nike, as well. Though she is busy with the baby, we plan to have coffee and maybe go clubbing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...