Monday, July 19, 2010

Greece 2010 Travel Journal: May 31, 2010

Three days since my last entry, and there is already much to catch up on...

On Friday evening, Chryssa and I decided to stay around the house and relax. I tried to go to bed early, but my legs and feet were very tingly and achy from the long travel and a lack of sleep. I laid awake in bed for hours, anxiety-ridden over the thought of experiencing foot or leg trauma on yet another vacation.

Shortly after I fell asleep, Spero barged through my door and turned on the light, ready to hang out and take some shots. We sat and talked for a long time about the things he misses about the U.S. We talked about the difference between respect and fear, and how to recognize where you are loved, and in which way. It was a nice time.

Chryssa and I spent all day Saturday at the sea, and it was wonderful! We drank juice and coffee under an umbrella at a beach cafe, and I am developing a lovely tan. We also went to birthday party at Landi's friend Maria's house. Maria is from Chile. Her family was very welcoming to me. She and Landi used to belong to a group for foreign wives in Greece, and they told me great stories of old time. I am at the beach with them now.

Chryssa, Spero, and I have been out drinking every night, and it's been fun to "party" again. I have a different control over alcohol these days, so it's been all pleasant experiences. I've met so many people that I'm having a hard time remembering their names. I need to work on this. One of my favorite people I've met is Ilias, a friendly, young gay man who works with Spero. He has a opinion on everything, but is not pushy. He is a dancer and a theater student, and seems wise beyond his years. I also really liked the girl Spero invited out last night - Xara. She was a blast, and we became quick friends. She works at a hotel on a vacation beach in a nearby town, and I think we will visit there for a night. Ilias would also like to take us on a mini-vacation.

There is so much more to tell, but I've written enough for today. Maybe I will write more at the beach tomorrow. Kalinihta! Good night!

P.S. Spero hurt his knee "80's dancing" the other night, so he is a bit incapacitated. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...