Tuesday, October 5, 2010

6 Movies in 2 Days

I have two rooms in the flat that I share with my roommate, Sarah. One is my bedroom, and the other is my art-music-media room, which I recently cleaned and rearranged. Since it houses my overwhelmingly large VHS collection, I created a cozy little video-watching area that's getting a lot of use. I've seen five movies since yesterday afternoon - while doing other productive things. I swear.
  1. Half Baked
    • It always makes me giggle.
  2. Se7en
    • Brilliant story, brilliant acting. "What's in the box?!"
  3. Milk
    • It was my first time seeing this one, and I loved it; a funny, inspirational true story that had me emotionally invested to the extreme. It even made me cry a little, which is tough for a movie to do. I highly recommend this to anyone who's interested in political activism, gay rights, contemporary history, and/or emotional biopics.
  4. Office Space
    • I watched this one twice in a row. Seriously. 
  5. Friday the 13th
    • Slasher classic.
...and I'm currently watching a 6th: The Squeeze, on VHS. It was still in it's original shrink wrap, which was pretty exciting to tear open. The cover sold me, with its classically corny 80s style and a tagline promising a "comedy thriller," starring Michael Keaton, no less. Unfortunately, I'm 10 minutes into watching it and can already tell it's not going to be as fantastically bad as I expected; it's going to be "mediocre bad," which is the worst.


5 comments:

  1. I go on movie watching tangents too...!

    I love Office Space and watching it twice in a row sounds like something I would do.

    I'm currently watching the first season of MST3. Which is probably as dorky as it gets, but it's horrible movies with witty commentary built in! And really, really horrible movies. Not mediocre bad, which truly is the worse. :)

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to watch Office Space asap, i bet its brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Friday the 13th and Office Space as well! (:

    I'm also a MST3K fan @Roxanne&Lorraine... that's the best way to watch movies and about the only way I can enjoy some of them because they are so terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love BAD movies and I love MST3K - I haven't seen it in so long! I wonder if the seasons are on Netflix...

    Thanks for reading, ladies! @Girl - Yes, you must watch Office Space. I've never met anyone who's seen it and not liked it. It's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Office Space is one of my favorite movies. If it's on TV, I sit and watch it all the way through, every time. It's that good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...