Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Target Women"

Once again, some random internet surfing has led me to a very fun little corner of the web that I never knew existed. In this case, that fun little corner is "Target Women with Sarah Haskins." Its a segment from a satirical news show called infoMania, which can be found on CurrentTV (or YouTube, where I discovered it). "Target Women" delivers a hilarious take on current feminist issues involving the ludicrous, female-targeted ads and other media we're bombarded with on a daily basis.

I've been watching episode after episode of these 3 minute shows and laughing my ass off! I've posted two of my favorites below - the first is about birth control, and the second is about yogurt. "Target Women" covers a wide array of topics... :)

I always appreciate when a social cause that I'm so passionate about, like feminism, is portrayed in such a way as to make me think AND laugh.



2 comments:

  1. RICE!

    Awesome find. I love Infomania, but I've never seen these pieces. Thank you for them.

    On a related note, if you haven't already, check out the Infomania Editorials. Painfully funny.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McGqnj0LkaQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Zach. I am checking out the video link right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...