Monday, October 18, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy




I had a damn good weekend. I spent lots of time with good friends, new friends, old friends, family... and after my stressful week of mid-terms, this was just what I needed. I was going to blog all about this weekend's events, as they were all pretty fantastic, but instead I'm going to share something I found the other day (and just in the nick of time, I might add). I found a list I made on February 8, 2010, of 33 things that make me happy.

I wrote it one day at Alexandra's house, after a rough couple months of boy problems and depression. At that time, I felt like I had been overlooking all the good things in life; I needed to remind myself that there were plenty of reasons to smile. It hung on my fridge at my old house, and now it's hanging on the fridge at my new house, right where it belongs. Here it is, uncensored:
  1. music
  2. coffee
  3. sunshine
  4. stretching
  5. exercise
  6. breakfast
  7. Weight Watchers
  8. bike riding
  9. reading
  10. cleaning
  11. clean clothes
  12. Sunday phone calls/emails
  13. doing my hair & make-up
  14. matching underwear
  15. sex
  16. parties (especially theme parties)
  17. dressing up
  18. drawing
  19. singing
  20. practicing instruments
  21. watching movies
  22. dinner with friends
  23. museums
  24. swimming
  25. painting nails/toenails
  26. going to the movies
  27. Chicago
  28. crafting
  29. kids
  30. car coffee
  31. massages
  32. painting
  33. dancing
  34. showering
  35. going out for coffee
  36. poetry
What makes you happy?

1 comment:

  1. I would totally add to your list:

    - intersections that you can walk diagonally at
    - saigon cinnamon
    - prosecco

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...