Saturday, January 2, 2010

Go take a cold shower.

There's no better way to begin a one-degree Illinois day than by having the hot water run out halfway through your shower. Washing my hair in ice cold water is not irritating in the least (note sarcasm).

Game night at Jaime's went well last night. Jaime, her roommate Sarah, and I managed to make it through a few rounds of Scattergories and the adult version of Loaded Questions before shifting our attention to some VHS tapes that Jaime recently acquired. We began the crappy VHS-a-thon with a promotional tape for a company called My Twinn that, based on the clips in said video, makes custom dolls for the spoiled children of exceptionally wealthy soccer moms and equestrian enthusiasts. A bit later in the evening, we watched a children's documentary about animals and their babies, which turned out to be more terrifying than informative. Have you ever seen a baby pelican eat from its mother's mouth-sack? Well, I have, and it was horrifying.

Today's plan includes having coffee with Alexandra, then heading to a punk festival in Elgin. I am stoked about both of these activities, despite my current state of laziness. I am laying down while typing this. My social calendar has been insanely full in the last two weeks, and I think my energy is just about depleted. Tomorrow will be a day of rest and cleaning around the house.

In other news, I am happy to say that my New Year's resolution to write everyday is holding strong. Two days in and I'm feeling very confident. I'm glad to be blogging again, and hoping that at least a few people are excited to see me back at it. I journal for myself whenever I have some traumatic event happening in my personal life, but I've really missed posting my daily drivel for all to see. I love language, and it motivates me to know that people are reading what I write, no matter how insignificant.

Until next time, Sausage and Clams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...